Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April is National Poetry Month

Yes, National Poetry Month, and I'm a little late getting started, but I'm going to challenge myself to write one poem a day. Today is the sixth day of April, so I'm spending a little time catching up. I've got three to share with you so far (it's only 1:45 pm) and the other three will come later today. All three poems were inspired by photos created by the talented Greenville (SC) photographer, Ian Curcio, who spoke recently at TEDxGreenville about letting go of the desire for technical perfection in photography and just taking the photos or capturing a feeling.  This is a photo that Ian created for the rock band, A Vacant Soul.  It's hot, isn't it? (Are you smiling?)

See what you think.  I hope you'll share in the conversation.

No comments: