Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The one-month poetry challenge that took almost three months to finish!

Done!  It's done! 

If you've been following along lately, you'll know that I gave myself a challenge in April to write one poem per day.  It was a concentrated effort in the beginning, because I had to write several poems just to catch up with the month.  I started on the sixth day of April, so I had to find six poems.  I found the six poems (or they found me), and I found all of the remaining 24.  I had a great time and forced a little discipline into my writing.

While I managed to write one poem per day (mostly), I struggled with finding the time to post them.  Today I have completed the posting of the poems.  You can visit the poetry challenge page to read 29 of my 30 poems.  When you reach the bottom of the page, you will see a link to the 30th poem, Movement, which is posted on my facebook page.  I invite you to click on the link, read the poem and add your own line.  I also encourage you to invite your friends to add a line.

Challenge over.  There, see, Despina--it wasn't so bad, after all.

No comments: